If you are leaving please:
- Check that you have copies of any important data you want to keep, and have tidied up your account.
- If you need to leave others with access to files, arrange this before you leave. Data will be retained for 90 days after account deletion.
- Unsubscribe from mailing lists. This can be done here.
- Set up an auto-reply from your @cam email address. For further information please see the UIS’s ‘Leaving the University’ webpage.
- If you have been responsible for any group resources (e.g. mailing lists, web pages, shared email accounts) please arrange the transfer of responsibility before you leave.
- Let email@example.com know if you have bought or been responsible for licensed software whilst in the Department. Note that most software bought under University deals is not transferable elsewhere.
In some circumstances it is possible to get your account extended, please see Extending your account for further information.