Accounts for new users
New users will normally receive accounts on several services. Some of the services are run by the Information and Computing Services (ICS) group in the Engineering Department; and some are run by the University Information Services (UIS). You will receive access to some or all of:
- Central Computing System, also known as the Teaching System.
- Office PCs (staff and postgraduates)
- Lab PCs
- Personal and shared networked file spaces
- The Department gateway systems (gate.eng.cam.ac.uk)
- The Dyson Centre workstations
The most commonly accessed systems by Department of Engineering staff/visitors/students are:
It is increasingly important to understand cyber security risks and to stay safe. See information on cyber security, guidelines and best practice.