Exchange Online (ExOL) has a quota of 100GB so it is very unlikely that you will have any problems with running out of space for your email. However we would still recommend the following advice:
Managing your mail efficiently
Only keep mail if you still need it; if not, delete it.
Try to organise your saved mail in some way:
- Save it into different folders based on who it is from, what it is about, when it was sent, or any other method you prefer.
- Avoid keeping everything in one big read-mail folder. You can do this with your sent-mail folder too.
Do not keep copies of emails with very large attachments saved in your folders:
- Most mailers can tell you about the size of each message; look especially for sizes ending in K or M, e.g. 500K.
- Save the attachment on your local machine and delete the message.
- Watch out for large attachments in mail you have sent too.
- Make sure you regularly empty your deleted or trash folder, as this will take up space too
There still exist a very small number of mail accounts on the engineering mail server. These are usually role accounts for a specific purpose, or shared email accounts. If you need help or advice relating to quota for one of these accounts please contact postmaster-query.