Here in the Department of Engineering we have a number of solutions to help you to host your event virtually or as a “hybrid” of both online and physically present participants.
For hosting events virtually we recommend the use of Zoom Webinar. If you own a Departmental Zoom license, you can apply to purchase a Webinar add-in for that license. For more information on accessing Zoom Webinars please click the link below:
It is also possible to host live events in a normal virtual meeting format using Zoom Meeting or Microsoft Teams. Please visit the links below for further Departmental guidance:
Onsite and Hybrid Events
Many of our lecture spaces are provisioned to support basic hybrid activities alongside the usual in-room AV functions as standard. This functionality is present in:
As standard, our systems CAN:
- Run Zoom/Teams* meetings;
- Provide a video of the local presenter via the local webcam on Zoom/Teams;
- Provide audio of the local presenter via the lectern microphone(s) on Zoom/Teams;
- Share ANY of the locally projected content via Zoom/Teams (including visualizers, laptops and demonstration cameras);
- Provide a gallery view of the remote audience (for the local presenter’s comfort) via the local TV trolley;
- Show a remote presentation to the local audience via the local data projectors.
As standard, our systems CANNOT:
- Provide microphone audio of the local audience members on Zoom/Teams;
- Provide an additional video of the local audience members via Zoom/Teams;
- Allow local audience members to interact in Zoom/Team via their laptop (owing to microphone feedback);
Live streaming to passive audiences (e.g. YouTube) is possible from these spaces. For further guidance please visit our Live Streaming page for more information.
We also have a limited loan stock of speakerphones and webcams/tripods suited for smaller hybrid group activities in meeting/seminar rooms. Please see our Equipment Loan pages for further information.
(*If you wish to use another video platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.)
Operational Guides for Hybrid Delivery
The following PDF guides cover the operation of the lecture room AV systems for hybrid delivery using either Zoom or Microsoft Teams platforms.
Loan equipment items are supplied with their own operational guides.