The main Department web site (www.eng.cam.ac.uk) is a public-facing site with Departmental news, together with sections about study and research in the Department. Pages for each section (e.g. a Division) are owned by specified editors.
If you are made responsible for editing a set of pages, you will need to be designated as the owner of those pages. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to be made the owner of a page.
Once you are the owner of a page, the easiest way to edit it is as follows:
- Go to http://www.eng.cam.ac.uk and visit the page you want to edit.
- In the right-hand vertical sidebar, click ‘Raven login’.
- On the page, just below the page title at the top, you should now see a new tab marked ‘Edit’. Click on it.
- The edit link will take you to the editing screen for the page. The main thing that you’ll want to do is to edit text in the ‘Body’ box, but other things that you can do include adding an image to be displayed at the top of the page, links to be displayed in the right-hand bar, and documents, which will be listed at the bottom of the page.
- Once you’ve finished editing a page, scroll to the bottom and click ‘Save’.
- To see how the page looks, scroll up to the top and click the ‘View’ tab. To return to editing, click the ‘Edit’ tab again.