There are a number of options for audio conferencing within the Department which are listed below.
Using a Cisco phone for conferencing
For On-Demand conference requirements it is possible to use the standard Feature Cisco handsets, or Conference Stations, to make outgoing conference calls. Depending on the access level of your extension a call can be created with up to 6 participants.
|Note:||It is not possible to use basic Cisco handsets such as the 7911 for hands-free conference calls as these devices only have a speaker for monitoring a call and no integrated microphone.|
To make a conference call:
- During a call, press the More (soft key) followed by the Confrn (soft key). This places the call on hold and opens a new line.
- Place a call to another party.
- When the call connects, press Confrn (soft key) again to add this new person to the exisiting call.
- This can be repeated for up to 6 concurrent callers.
To view participants in a conference call:
- Press ConfList (soft key) to display the list of conference participants.
- Press Update (soft key) to refresh the list of participants.
To remove participants from a conference call:
- If you initiated the conference call and need to remove a participant, use the Scroll keys to highlight the name and press Remove (soft key).
Loan of equipment for conferencing
Telephone Support have both a dedicated Cisco Conference Station and also Cisco Feature handsets that can be booked out for use in offices and Meeting Rooms where full hands-free conferencing is required.
In addition to loan equipment, the following locations have dedicated conferencing facilities available:
- Main Site Board Room
- Institute for Manufacturing
- Whittle Laboratory
For further information about loan equipment, or to enquire about booking and using equipment for a conference, please contact The IT Helpdesk.
University Conferencing Service
The University has a dedicated audio conferencing service that provides a multi-party dial-in conference facility for both On-Demand and Pre-Booked conferences.
|Note:||Access to the Conference Call management facility is typically only made available to Administrators. If you are an Adminstrator and would like to be given access to this feature then please contact the IT Helpdesk.|
BT MeetMe Conferencing
The Department has an account with BT MeetMe that can be used for audio conferencing requirements. However, as there is a cost implication when using this service, where possible, the conferencing options listed above should be considered first. For additional information about this service, including how to arrange a conference, please contact the IT Helpdesk.