There are two things to check before you can install the Papercut drivers:
- For Windows 10 users, are you running Windows 10 (21H1) or higher?
- Are you on an active directory computer.?
To check version of Windows 10:
From the search bar type:
The version needs to be 21H1 or higher (21H2).
If this isn’t the version you are running, go to:
Download and run the update assistant (this may take well over an hour and you will be required to reboot).
To check if you are on an active directory computer:
From File Explorer right click on “This PC”.
Under “Device specifications”, does the “Full Device Name” finish with “ad.eng.cam.ac.uk”.
If “Domain” is mentioned does it say “AD”, or “ad.eng.cam.ac.uk” or “Workgroup”.
- If the full device name finishes with ad.eng.cam.ac.uk, the domain is AD or ad.eng.cam.ac.uk then you are on an active directory computer.
- If the “Domain” says “Workgroup” then you are not on an active directory computer.
- please install the latest Xerox drivers https://www.support.xerox.com/en-gb/product/workcentre-7800-series/downloads?platform=win10x64&language=en_GB
- then run the below command and restart your machine:
$ sudo dseditgroup -o edit -a localaccounts -t group lpadmin
- After reboot, please save and unzip ‘papercut-on-macos.zip‘ file in your user’s $HOME directory and run:
- $ sh ~/papercut-on-macos.sh
If you run into problems please contact email@example.com
A blog post from John Sloan provides some guidance pending full documentation.