Follow these simple tips to keep your details, data, and device safe.
- Don’t open emails from someone you don’t know or trust. If it seems fishy, it probably is. Report the message as spam by sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Avoid sending sensitive personal information over email. Once you’ve sent a message you have no control over what is done with it, or who it could be forwarded onto. Information like passwords, bank account details, etc, should never be sent by email.
- Never open an attachment from someone you don’t know, or you aren’t expecting. Attachments can contain viruses. If you have any doubts, report to email@example.com.
- Never reply to or click links in spam emails. There’s a good chance that this will only inform the sender that they have found an active email address to which they can send further spam.
- Only share your email address with people and sites you trust.